Personal Lines

Home /Personal Lines

Personal Lines Products

Gateway Underwriters possesses a unique niche surrounding our Personal Lines team. The relationships created and upheld by the team speak for themselves, demonstrating a dedicated and committed understanding of not only what our customers need, but what they want. We provide focus on the unique and complex needs of high risk Personal Lines exposures, and our proficient team is able to work around the clock in order to provide solutions at times others can’t.

Speak with a

Leslie Gustafson
  • Leslie Gustafson
  • Product Specialist
  • Email
  • (800) 325-7652

1-4 Family Dwelling

This product is for tenant-occupied one to four family dwellings or owner-occupied two to four family dwellings and can be written as a package or monoline dwelling property policy.

Builder's Risk

Coverage that protects a person's or organization's insurable interest in materials, fixtures and/or equipment being used in the construction or renovation of a building or structure should those items sustain physical loss or damage from a covered cause.

Collectable Insurance

Autographs, Zippos or something in between. Broader and more comprehensive coverage than homeowners insurance for your collections, the policy provides for most causes of loss unless specifically excluded.

Comprehensive Personal Liability

Provides individuals with protection from legal liability for most accidents caused by them in their personal lives. Coverage for personal liability exposures such as premises, personal activities and certain incidental coverages.

Condo Unit Owner

Coverage for the personal property, owned elements of a unit and liability for the individual unit owner.

Condo/Renters Package

Owner or tenant-occupied condominium units, cooperative units and apartments. Renters of apartments, condominium units or other rented dwelling premises.

Earthquake Coverage

Excess Comprehensive Personal Liability

This product enables applicants to secure higher limits of liability than their primary carrier will provide. It is also designed as a "buffer" layer to enable applicants to meet the minimum attachment point of our personal umbrella product.

Excess Personal Umbrella

Coverage that applies on top of the underling personal umbrella/insurance that pays until its coverage limit is exhausted, at which point the excess coverage takes over.

High Value Homes

Homes are generally categorized as those with a value in excess of $750,000. For homes with this kind of value, sometimes standard homeowners insurance is not the ideal fit and does not recognize the unique coverage needs of high value homeowners.

Home Based Business

Business operated out of the home. Coverage adequately designed to protect the business owner.

Inland Marine

Used to cover scheduled personal property. The policy is particularly appropriate for property that receives limited coverage under the homeowner’s forms, such as furs, jewelry, fine arts, silverware, cameras, musical instruments, stamp and coin collections and similar property.

Manufactured/ Mobile Homes

Owner Occupied Homes

This is your primary residence.

Personal Umbrella

Provides high limits of liability to protect an insured against a catastrophic liability loss. Liability coverage that stacks on top of the primary liability coverage provided by the insured's homeowners, personal auto, watercraft and any other scheduled underlying liability policies. It covers bodily injury, property damage and personal injury, which includes offenses such as libel, slander, false arrest, invasion of privacy and others.

Secondary/Seasonal Homes/ Short-Term Rental Properties

Vacant Dwelling

Our Personal Lines Vacant Dwelling product is designed for your residential vacant dwelling risks in CT, GA, IL, IN, MI, MN, NY, OH, PA, SC and VA. We can consider Vacant Dwelling in other states under our Commercial Vacant Building product.

Vacant Home

Vacant dwellings, vacant leased space or vacant condominium units.

Vacant Land

This product applies to rural or urban land with no buildings, construction activity, business or recreational activities present up to 1,000 acres per location. We can consider risk with lakes or ponds up to 25 acres.